Girl Power


Zest for LIfe



This was the turning point in my life... on July 25, 2009 at Croke Park in Dublin, Ireland while at the U2 concert.  A moment when I knew that there was more to me than sitting in a cubical producing local television.  Don't get me wrong... local TV served me well over the years.  I've interviewed Presidents and movie stars, been in police chases, brought down the "bad" guys, traveled in a C-17 coast to coast.  I've gone to Europe, reported on serial killers, military homecomings, witnessed some of the greatest sports moments in history.  I was a crime reporter for many years. I've seen horrible things.  But I've also witnessed the miracle of humanity... and how important it is to be an agent of change.

Okay, so back to my turning point.  There I was, listening to a band that truly inspires me both musically and politically.... I was in Dublin... the homeland of my ancestors...when I realized that I needed to change my life.  I needed to become more involved in this world.  Already bitten by the travel bug, I began to have these crazy thoughts of quitting my job, selling everything off... and taking the family on the road to become global students.  No... it wasn't the Guinness talking.. it was my inner soul whispering to "carpe diem"... it was my yearning for a simpler life free of the trappings of over commercialization and consumerism.  That whisper has since become a scream.  A sound that I am no longer ingoring.  So here I am.  A 47-year old mother of 2 young girls, a "retired" journalist, a wife who is house poor but rich in her surroundings... and I'm about to shake it up... BIG!  The world is about to become our oyster.  And along the way, I plan on doing a lot of good !!  I've already quit the job.  And now I spend my days plotting and planning our family escape to travel the world and teach my two beautiful daughters that NOTHING is impossible when you put your mind to it.
Stay tuned !!
2 Responses
  1. Kim Says:

    Oh my friend...you already know how much I love you and your family....and that is A LOT!!! I hope you will journal your journey of a lifetime because I would love to follow you!

    Oh I have a feeling you can do ANYTHING you put your mind to!

    Love you so much and I'm enjoying your Girl Power 365!

    Kim


  2. Girlfriend... this gave me chills... the photo, the post, the plans! Yes, yes, yes!


Post a Comment