Girl Power


ET Comes Home



What to do with children on a rainy Saturday afternoon ?  Following my best friend Deb's suggestion, we rented ET.  I hadn't seen it since it first came out and it was fantastic to be able to watch it with my girls.
Juliette was mesmerized by the little guy.  A flood of memories came back for me.  My favorite moment in the movie is when Gert sees ET for the first time... LOVE the screams !
The movie is more than a Hollywood masterpiece... it's a movie with a message.  It's about making friends with someone who is different from you... it is about compassion and love of family.  It's about helping the lost find their way in this world.  Life lessons that can always be used to pay it forward.  ET is a great springboard for me to talk to my kids about acceptance and kindness.  And for some weird reason, the movie also makes me want to go to the store and buy Reece's Pieces :)  I have a craving. 
0 Responses

Post a Comment