Girl Power


Acrobats and Flying Acts


It's so nice to have the girls playing outside again.  Maisie is teaching Juliette all the tricks on the swing set... my personal favorite is how they take turns hanging like a monkey.  They've also invented "the spider"... which means Maisie sits on Juliette's lap and they swing.  It's so fun to overhear their conversations.  Mostly they are pretending to be someone else.  Maisie is usually in charge.  Go figure. 

Therapy continues to go well for Juliette.  Today she really showed her occupational therapist how talented she is on the microphone... she also showed off some sweet dance moves.  So funny... and rewarding to see just how far my little girl has progressed !

And finally... a sure sign of spring in our yard is the nesting Dove.  The tale of Dovie continues with her two hatchlings coming into their own.  I was so upset to wake up over the weekend and see that Dovie had left her two babies to fend for themselves.  It took a couple of days for one of them to get the courage / strength up to take off.  I had the opportunity to witness its first flight... it literally stood up, flapped its little wings a couple of times then let go.  Amazing !!  The other little guy/gal wasn't quite ready to leave the nest... it stayed there until this morning.  I saw Mama bird come back to the nest to give a pep talk... I then had to leave to take Maisie to school... when I got back... baby bird had flown the coop.  I wish my little feathered friends a happy life.
0 Responses

Post a Comment