Girl Power


Beach Babies and Easter Bunnies

What a fantastic weekend !!  We were able to spend some time with our friend Grace who grew up with Maisie in China.  We took the girls to the beach where they had a ball !!   It's an amazing thing to watch these these girls play and relate to one another.  They are bonded for life.  Their beginnings so uncertain, but oh what a future they have now !  Both so intelligent and gregarious.  Grace's mom and I were with each other the day our daughters were put in our arms.  What a wonderful friendship and bond we share.  I am so happy and blessed that they are in our lives.

 Besides beaching it... we of course dyed eggs and went of a huge easter egg hunt this morning in the backyard.  I think the Easter Bunny.. who Maisie calls Mr. Cottontail... was a bit tardy on the delivery because the eggs were very cold and wet when the girls found them.   Last night before the girls went to bed, Maisie wrote the bunny a letter:

Dear Mr. Cottontail:
I love you so much.  But my sister says "I see Bunny"  But I say "No" you never see the easter bunny.
Love, Maisie

The girls were thrilled to see that the bunny wrote them a note back telling them to enjoy their chocolate.  Of course everyone, including the Tooth Fairy and Santa write notes because as Maisie says, "It's rude if I write a note and they don't."  You can call her Miss Manners.

As for Juliette... she just digs the fact that she can eat chocolate for breakfast !!

Happy Easter
0 Responses

Post a Comment