Girl Power


Pretend Play

 

It may be in the 30's outside but that doesn't stop my girls from having a blast at their pretend beach in our front room.  Every pillow, blanket, and beach buddy was used to make this seaside resort.  I really love the fact that Maisie and Juliette can now really have fun together.  One day it's the beach... the next it's the grocery store and beauty parlor.  Their imaginations are really at work and it's so cool to hear them in their make believe worlds.  Over the last couple of weeks we've noticed that Juliette's speech is jumping by leaps and bounds.  She's able to have real conversations, albeit simple ones but it is so rewarding to hear her talk and sing.  She's a happy child who loves to hear herself talk.  In addition to her ever expanding vocabulary Juliette surprised me today by showing me that she could button her own shirt.  That is a fantastic achievement for our little girl whose fine motor skills are challenged.  She was SO proud of herself and told me "I do it myself Mom !"  Yes she did !!!!
1 Response
  1. angie Says:

    How fun! I want to go to the beach.


Post a Comment