Girl Power


Happy Birthday Sweet Juliette

 

On this day four years ago, a tiny 4.96 pound baby girl was born in the Guangdong Province of China.  I do not know the circumstances surrounding her birth.  I wish I did.  However, on this day, I find myself grateful that fate waited for us to find each other.   I am blessed to be Juliette's mom.  I can only imagine her earliest days, I grieve that I missed nurturing her.  But she's in my life now and every day she helps me to be a better person.  Her Chinese name is Qiu Hui which means Autumn Kindness.  It's a perfect name for this sweet little soul.  My little girl has already proved that she has an inner strength to survive and a kind soul to love deeply.  She's our treasure.  
Happy Happy Birthday Juliette !!!  We all love you so very much.

To celebrate, we made birthday crowns today,  baked a cake and frosted it with pink icing at Juliette's request.  All day long she's been singing herself "Happy Birthday" so when it came time to actually light the candles and sing...she was in heaven !!  So happy to have her very own cake, presents and all the attention.  Her joy lasted well beyond bedtime. Kevin went in to check on her a couple of minutes ago and was met with Juliette looking at him and signing "more" in sign language... he asked more what... she signed again and had only one word to say..... "CAKE !"  What could dad do but grant the birthday girl her wish.

0 Responses

Post a Comment