Girl Power


Saying Hello to Old Friends

Barbie, Ken & Sally
I haven't been back to my mom's house in Ohio for years and I was looking forward to rummaging through an old trunk that is stockpiled with bits and pieces of my life.  I always love to walk down memory lane but this time I was taking a few little friends with me.   My daughters.  I couldn't wait to open up the treasure trove and dig in... and to my delight both Maisie and Juliette stared in wide wonder as I brought out my baby shoes, baby blanket, report cards, and artwork (really mom, you saved all of this?)... but the piece de la resistance lay inside an old 1960's battered barbie suitcase.  The gasp that left Maisie's mouth was priceless.  Okay... it was more of a WOW !!!!


I just LOVE this vintage purple coat that Barbie is wearing.

Choices Choices Choices

Is there anything better than playing dress up with a Barbie?

And WOW is right... inside... vintage Barbie and Ken.   Still tan after all these years strutting their stuff in old school 60's & 70's garb.  I don't know who was more excited to play with them... me or the kids.
We all got right down to work spreading hundreds of outfits (many of them made by my mom and my dad's relatives) out on my mom's living room floor.  And right there in front of a roaring fire, we spent HOURS and HOURS changing their clothes, posing for fashion shows and going on all sorts of adventures.



Add caption

I LOVED to play with barbies when I was a child, and apparently still do.  It gave me such joy to be able to just sit and play with my own girls.  This is what memories are made of !!
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment